Time Trial 2015 - The one and only!
We usually plan the Sonic Time Trial in September and October when the Shek O traffic became more reasonable. Ideally we should do one time trial in short version and another weekend for longer version. However, we have a few racing weekends got filled up by SportSoho or TriHK, so 4th October is the best weekend we could do one time trial for 2015 season! We hope to see many of our members show up for this sprint triathlon time trial and we are sorry if this is not fitting your schedule.
Here is the detail!
It will be a sprint triathlon in Shek O beach. (600m swim/28k bike/4k run)
Distance & format:
Swim: 2 laps in Shek O Beach;
Start from lifeguard tower, to swim around 3 platforms, back to beach and head for 2nd and 3rd lap.
Bike: 2 laps on Shek O Road;
Start from T1 > Big Roundabout > Tai Tam roundabout > Big Roundabout > Tai Tam roundabout > T2
Run: 1 lap Shek O > Big Wave Bay Carpark > Shek O carpark
So What is Sonic Time Trial all about?!
Sonic Time Trial is an internal race, members of Sonic can score point from each Time Trial and overall Top 3 men and ladies will be awarded in the Sonic End of Season Party in December! It's a chance for Sonic members to meet and social especially whose don't normally see in our regular training! And you can also see these Time Trial as your pre-race preparation!!
- We have three categories: Junior, Female Open and Men Open.
- Junior category for all male age under 20.
- Female Open category for all female at all age.
- Men Open category for all male at age 20 or above.
- Only member of Sonic will be scored at each time trial. (see Member List on Sonic website)
- Participation without finishing the race will earn 1 point (DNF)
- Relay Team is welcome! More the merrier!!
Now, save the date, get your Sonic Trisuit prepare! See you this Sunday!